Tuesday, August 21, 2007

First Impressions Count..

Its one of the basic satanic viewpoints that first impressions DO count, and that you CAN judge a book by it's cover. I always in experience found this to be true. SO, I'm gon try to do something about the rather drab visuals on my blog.
I always eschewed making the thing look like a Christmas tree ( Hi Indi. -Not saying yr blog isn't a thing of unique beauty, or that there's anything wrong with yr writing-..) 'cos it should be about the WRITING, primarily.
In disciplines such as these style can all too easily overwealm content..
Likewise this defining oneself by ones cultural preferences..A process of self definition by asosciation, in terms of others and their actions.
Thats why I have only four films, four bands, four authors etc...Some blogs have soo many favourites/links etc after a while it just detracts.

For anyone interested in my horrible condition...I'm still, as Mr. Christian on the "Bounty" would have it; "In HELL..! Sah!"...
But fuck it..
They cant kill an animated cadaver.
Cant curse the damned.
Cant send a lunatic mad.
"You can't kill kill"; Charles Manson.
"When I BECOME death, death is the seed from which I grow"; W.S.Burroughs.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

First thought, best thought.
is a Buddhist truism that sort of agrees.

It isn't only about impression, but response
to stimuli, and trusting one's pure nature to be true.

Second thought is leavened by doubt.
The worm in the apple.

Minimalism has its place, but my blog
is more of a scrapbook for things that
interest me, and is very christmas tree-like.
I deign not to write much, in terms of actual content,
I leave that to more interesting minds.

I'm fond of geezers, as well, and here to learn.

happy otter said...

You "should" (sorry, I always have a bit of a problem w/ the concept of "should", but..) write more and quote less..
Go on.. I dare you..

Anonymous said...

"Should" is hard to avoid, and hard not to. I agree, but I understand the intention.

My essays emerge on occasion. Often as commentaries usually geared toward defense of my outrage, or an explanation of my gnarled way of thinking. Quoting dilutes the pontificating (I can come across as a bit preachy, and, uh, condescending).

I'm really like a cat waking up, like I'm constantly trying on a new pair of eyes.

Truth is, I'm really just trying to provoke people like you to write. I'd be interested in more thoughts on Austin Osman Spare, etc.

happy otter said...

I think that sometimes you dont see (w/all respect) the semantic/semiotic ambiguity your writing often slips into.

Indigobusiness said...

Probably don't see a lot of things, but I suspect it might be perversely intentional.

From the shadows of ambiguity, untold forms emerge.

Uncalled for, too, I reckon.

happy otter said...

Oh come on Ind, I included the "with all respect" caveat...Dont take anything I say at the moment too seriously, please.
x

Indigobusiness said...

I wasn't being sarcastic.

Point well-taken.

Ambiguity is truly a tool of lame writers, to pump-up the mystery.
Low calorie gravity.

Constructive criticism is one of the few things I can't afford not to take seriously.